For almost forty five years now, Elvis fans around the globe claim to have seen him un-Dead--walking around in his white sequinned pantsuits, eating fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches while popping diet pills.
Tweedledee saw Elvis ten years ago.
For Tweedledum, it was more like twenty.
Well, tonight,WE saw" Elvis"..so you don't have to.
At one point, Jim whispered to me that "Tom Hank's make-up as Colonel Tom Parker was so bad that he looked like he was playing the Penguin in a "Batman" sequel."
To which I wanted to reply, "This movie has only been on for forty-five minutes..it is okay to say "Karen..has left the building..as I actually... you know.. leave the building?"
Jim liked the movie more than I did, but on the ride home, we talked about the movie tour we took in Hawaii with someone named Aunty Alicia, who pointed out the picturesque locations of many beloved and not so beloved movies filmed on the island.
She guided us through "Blue Hawaii" and Elvis's properties there, and even showed a clip(while we were still on the bus) of an awful B-movie called "Dinocroc Vs. Supergator" with a plot that centered around a bus full of dumb tourists like us, but the actors in this movie only wanted to see Elvis's BEDROOM(before they got devoured by a T-Rex)
I said had I been a tourist, I wouldn't be pestering the guide with questions about where Elvis slept. I'd want a detailed description of the commode where he supposedly sat before drawing his last breath.
I needed to know if the seat was soft and cushiony or was it hard: what was the scent of the canister of spray that was atop of the tank?
And because of my OWN obsession on that trip, I DEFINITELY would have asked if The King's Throne had a bidet.
The things that pre-occupy my sick mind!
I was loudly protesting when the credits rolled and spelled his middle name with the normal spelling of "Aaron", since I always thought there was only one "A", but Jim looked it up and assured me either spelling was just fine.
KAARON..and this time I mean it..has left the building.
No comments:
Post a Comment