Sunday, September 10, 2023

Chicken run

Now it's just routine, like hearing about a crooked politician on the news, or feeling numb when you hear about yet another national gun  tragedy.

Evan stopped by for lunch, and I shrug my shoulders and say to him, "pass me a piece of the pepperoni" and "oh yeah..the chickens are back."

"Blondie" and her darker sister were strutting like they own the place and that's fine. 

 They are always welcome. 

 Jim went to inform the owners  and they didn't know that one chicken was entirely  outside the gate, two were in our yard, and one decided to wing it and take her chances on the home turf.

This time was a little more exciting because Luke really really REALLY had to pee. 

 At first, he only notices the chicken on the other side of the chain link fence..the one minding her own business in her own yard.

But then he noticed Blondie and (I'm sorry..I want to call her Dagwood even 'though it's not the sister's name) and according to Jim, he was barking..or BAWKING..his tiny little poodle  head off, and Blondie and Dagwood were clucking madly, trying unsuccessfully to fly,  and silly  Jim was too shocked to film any of it.

These chickens need to learn out to stay home.  Is there a school they can go to?

I'm thinking PERDUE university.

It's raining and a perfect day to sit back with a good movie.

Chicken Run?

Chicken Little?

The Great Escape?

My Little Chickadee?

Wings?

No comments:

Post a Comment