Friday, September 1, 2023

Fall isn’t so bad

Yes, August..I'm kinda miffed at you.

 WTF was your hurry? 

 If you were so anxious to rush through the party and kick everyone out, why did you volunteer to host? And no..I'm not helping you clean up. 

 You're as bad as June, teasing us with all those warm temperatures and then having the nerve to rain on our parades, which seemed non-stop.

Give me a moment..I'll forgive you as long as you let September  imitate you for the next two or three weeks. According to the forecast, you will.

Actually, fall isn't so bad.  The leaves magically turn to pretty colors, and there's..quilts and hayrides and..  cider, I think??? 

 Not sure..I stay inside.

And inside isn't so bad with good TV or something great on the kindle.

Just started "Jury Duty" (three episodes in) and I  am proud of my observation to Jim that it  "reminds me of 'The Office'" before I learned that it is indeed the same creators. It's really funny and really different. 

 Check it our with a panel of your peers.

Just finished "The Breakaway" by Jennifer Weiner and it's terrific. So many formerly plus-sized celebrities do a real disservice to the community when they not only boast about their personal losses, but look back at the "before" photos with revulsion, making excess weight criminal, their deepest shame.

 The now slim(slimmish) Jennifer has NEVER done that, neither with fiction or non-fiction work.  She empowers her fat protagonists with love and confidence, and guides them through fascinating stories to boot.

The mother/daughter stuff is particularly excruciating to witness..  Eileen, (the mother of heroine, Abby) might remind  you of the toxic character, Janet, played so brilliantly by Elizabeth Perkins in "This is Us"..a necessary character who helped viewers understand the dynamics of her own daughter, Rebecca, and granddaughter Kate, especially when it came to storylines about body image and food.

I wound up not hating Eileen as much  once Jennifer made me understand her.

 That would be so great in real life, wouldn't it?  If we could understand the antagonists: what makes them horrible: what made them the way  they are.

(Except for Marjorie Taylor Green.  I don't care WHAT made her evil. She's never to be understood or forgiven)

So maybe I'll forgive YOU, August..because I think I understand why you were in such a hurry to leave.

I think it just might have something to do with football??  

Am I right??

I'm almost hoping I'm wrong because if I'm going to be a football widow, I'm going to blame it on you and be mad all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment