Thursday morning
Ugh!! Why am I up at six??
No Jimmy Kimmel for me tonight because my husband will now need to go to sleep before ten, a time when most people on this boat have already been out cold for three hours.
Last night’s show was great, singing songs from movies with Bridget and Michael, who I thought were husband and wife but they were actually a father and daughter duet who drove in from Idaho, which explained a lot.
I was on fire, yelling out the song titles before the trivia hints were even read aloud, wondering why the father/husband kept saying the theme from “Arthur “ was written by Burt Bacharach and his wife, “ Bayer” Sager. He was reading either his notes or passages from the New Testament but he was so confused, because he’d refer to her as “Bayer” the rest of the night and never her given name, Carole.
I got em all with very little hints..Moon River, the theme from “Titanic”…Raindrops.. Beauty and the Beast…my competition wasn’t very stiff because everyone in the atrium was exactly that.. stiff.
I didn’t get any prize but I got a lot of ego strokes from people who asked if I had ever been on “Jeopardy!”
Which isn’t a show dedicated primarily to music from the movies but whatever.
Because my knee had been Tonya Harding’d, I took the elevator and told Jim I’d meet him on the third floor.
I find a white haired lady with a cane who was impressed earlier with my movie prowess who points at me and says, “ it’s you!!.. you are so smart!”
I answer, “oh yeah?? If I’m so smart, why did I get off at the wrong floor?”
I pushed the right button but Jim recruited some vacuumers to help find me. He’s frantically texting, “where are you?” And I text back, “New Zealand !“ before admitting I was with one of my fans from the movie trivia game on the deck that wasn’t ours.
Turns out the woman was impressed with my movie trivia mastery but not with my potty mouth.
“ you seem very smart but you need to watch your language “ and then she sashayed away.
Turns out she had spotted me earlier, lined up to get a good table at lunch before the doors officially opened. I was very bored so I scrolled through my phone and watched what showed up, which was a clip from “Sex and the City” with Kim Catrall cursing like a sailor.
“I didn’t use the “f” word.. Samantha Jones did!”
But she had already made her way down the corridor.
We’re getting ready to tour Fort Clapsop and then we head out to Cape Didsapointment.
I’ll let you know if it lives up to its name.
You all must have preconceived ideas about “clapsop”
No comments:
Post a Comment