Friday, April 5, 2024

The hills are alive.. literally!!

A few of you have requested that I write a parody based on today's earthquake(similar to the kind I wrote during sheltering in place) so here goes, with apologies to Richard Rodgers for the first stanza, and to Oscar Hammerstein for the second.

"The Sound of Earthquakes"

Intro:

My morning starts off..
like all other morn-ings..do
I groan and I cough..
I toss in a load..or two..
And then comes my time for chillin'
I work on the WORDLE with ease..
Then next, THE CONNECTIONS, I'm willing..
to bet a few..
of you do this too..
(it seems dull..but..true)

VERSE:

Then... walls came alive!
Kitchen lights were swaying..
how will I survive??
Is this all a dream??
What's happening here??
What are experts saying??
It's JERSEY!!!  How STRANGE!!
Is this..(gulp)..CLIMATE CHANGE???

CHORUS:

Perplexed and confused, I turn on the news..
it's indeed..a..QUAKE!!
I got the details..
guess no Richter scales are afraid..they'll..break..
it's "just" a 4.8
nothing that's TOO great...
but we worry..still..
we shook..we caused scenes..
and all blamed our  washing machines!!

VERSE:

Oh..we're so naive!
Friends in California..
they just can't believe..
that we're freaking out..
it's not a big deal..don't say they didn't warn 'ya..
'cause they're calm..no doubt..

PART TWO

Intro:

When walls start to shake..
one ponders, "could this..be..bad??"
The whole kitchen quakes..
My Quaker Oats seemed..real mad...

Did I make this happen?? I wonder..
It's my "fault!"..I flew off my chair!
Is  it merely  trucks?? Is it.. thunder??
Can someone prove
the Earth just moved??
Is this..(gulp)..Every-where???!!

VERSE:

I checked out my house..
Everything's in order..
I still blamed my spouse..
for disordered mess..
No damage was done..
so it's not the "Big One"..
but my house is still quite disaster-ous...

CHORUS:

I'll wait..for the..after-shock
cute memes on.. Tik Tok..
who will get..the..blame?
I'm rattled..but damn!
Seems I ALWAYS am!!..It's my claim..to..fame..

We just weren't prepared..so we're sorta scared..
there's no need..to be...
It's not..Nature's "curse"..
And things could be very much  worse!!

FINAL VERSE:

So sit back..relax!
'cause it's now behind us..
just study the facts..
(that's so hard to do!)
The worst part for me??
Ugh..please don't remind..us..
Pre-empting.."THE VIEW!"

No comments:

Post a Comment