I've got the blahs today, less than forty eight hours away from my favorite holiday, so I did what I always do when I'm down.
I wrote a song for your Fourth of July party, tune to "Battle Hymn of the Republic"
What a sad day for America..
this Independence Day.
I called up my dear friend Erica,
She said, "we all must pray"
I'm a skeptic....In America! (But I'll pray..anyway)
I'll pray that we're OK
Chorus:
Let us pray that this November..
Every voter will remember..
Joe's The ONE!! We should be toting..
and voting BLUE that day
The debate was not ideal..Yes, Biden seemed a little lost
but if people vote "the other way"..it's such a hefty cost
I don't want to make comparisons..to say..a Holocaust..:(
But this line has been crossed...
Chorus:
Do I give you the impression?
That we're in a deep depression..
Call our shrinks! Schedule a session!
We must fight back..today!
Final Verse:
When your family comes on Thursday for that festive barbe-cue
don't fear bringing up this subject..it's the least that you can do..
Have you STEAKS..but know..the STAKES are HIGH!!
It's scary.. but it's TRUE!
Vote BLUE..We'll count on YOU!!
No comments:
Post a Comment