Some people eat or drink too much when they're stressed, some sleep too much, some watch too much junk on TV or spend too much time on social media when they're stressed.
Me??
OK, yeah, I do ALL of the above, but you know what else I do?
I write song parodies.
And I'm writing this one because a SECOND dead bluebird was found this week outside of my house!
The first was a few days ago, near the diving board, and because I had my glasses off, I didn't know what it even was until Luke sniffed it.
It wasn't a pile of leaves.
Luke sniffed, I screamed, and Jim gave it a proper burial, obsessing over how one knows if a bird is actually dead or if it's just faking it.
Today, while taking out the trash, (OK..my housekeeper was taking out the trash, it doesn't make this any less factual!) another dead beautiful bluebird was found in the bushes. .
I am at a loss for words so I'll write lyrics:
Somewhere..over at our house..
Bluebirds die:(
we..don't..know what has caused this..
None of us can..guess..why..
We..found..one little dead guy..'round..the..pool..
and today..found another...
Life sometimes can be cruel..
Chorus:
The first one..by the diving board..
he looked like he was quite adored..
Luke smelled him..
Jim picked him up..(he used a rag)..and put him in a Ziploc bag..
Oh what..befelled him??
And..just now..found another..dead..blue..bird..
oh man..she's quite the Mother..
Nature..she's so absurd!
Most happy little bluebirds fly..
and don't stop here..where they might die..
oh..WHY???!!
Second verse: ('cause I'm perverse)
Is..this..just global warming?
Climate change?
Someone needs to inform me..
why are these birds so strange??
Is it..heat?? Is it Trumpsters??
(I'm..the..worst!!)
They..should..raid nearby dumpsters..
or..are we simply cursed??
Chorus:
Someday..I'll feel less "Karen-oid"
Won't blame myself..and I'll avoid
these theories!
For now, the shock is setting in..
We're feeling quite "Hitchcockian"
Please..save..your queries..
Final verse:
Writing..songs..about dead birds..
keeps me sane..
(which..I know sounds so crazy!
I own my OWN distain!)
When happy little bluebirds fly..
they gotta skip our house!!
Oh my!!
Oh..my!
(Lions and tigers and bears..oh my!)
No comments:
Post a Comment