Monday, October 8, 2018

Trout of the gods

the next time I try to claim that I don't like fish, call me out for being the liar that I am. Tonight's dinner, we both agree, was probably the best we've ever had in Europe--and within the top five in all the time we've known each other. We went to Paris Budapest, and it was outstanding. Jim had the trout.  That wasn't trout--it was food of the gods. 

 I do feel like such a princess, which is odd, because I've always rejected the princesses of my girlhood, who were all about the bouncy ponytails and the tiny waistlines.  But this city is lit up like a castle, and I like fish. And I'm some kind of royal something..

Speaking of fish, we met a couple from Chicago tonight at orientation.  The guy says, "don't try to take a bath in the tubs here.  I felt like a gutted fish with no escape.  I was floundering, and grabbing onto bars, and wondering how the hell I'd ever escape."

I laughed at the silly man's story--without letting on that the exact same thing happened to me while Jim was out exploring. And I could not for the life of me figure out how to use the shower head.

I am too dumb to bathe..to breathe..

Oh..that butter tonight!  With delectable red peppercorns blended in.  This is how I know I'll never get addicted to opioids.  Not when cows make butter like this.

THE BEST MEAL OF OUR GOURMAND LIVES.

Speaking of baths, another couple told us we must check out the herbal bath houses in Hungary.  There are several, and they sound amazing.  They're even coed.  Full body massages go for twenty dollars. Dating back to the 1600's..

This sounds too good to be true.

And it probably is, because not only do we have the low water of the Danube to contend with(we met the cruise director tonight, who assured us in that "Woodloch is great even when it's raining!" way that we will have an amazing time on our cruise even if the cruising part is compromised by Mother Nature.

Oh..and get this..guess who's coming to town tomorrow?  I'll give you a hint:  it rhymes with "Turkish Dictator" because it IS that damn turkish dictator Erdogan who was responsible for that coup and for wrecking the career of Raffi, the guide we fell in love with during our trip to Turkey in 2016. They anticipate mass chaos--foot traffic, subways, buses--the concierge said it may be even more hectic than when Putin was here just recently.

Great....

Now..in the immortal words of Fred Flintstone when he went back to school without Wilma knowing:

"B-b-b-ed....Must go to b-b-b-ed..."

No comments:

Post a Comment