Jim saw the duck!
(unfortunately, he, Jim, didn't have his phone handy but if you still don't believe me then get off my blog.)
Jim saw a white bird with a blue underbelly!
(which, we find out, was not true. It was a plain white underbelly that picked up some nice reflections from the pool)
Jim saw me cheating in the Aqua Gym class but didn't rat me out!
Jim went snorkeling and was both amazed and repelled by his close encounter with a stingray.
Some see portabella mushrooms when they see rays, I see dirty bath mats.
Jim saw a slug!
(In reality, a guy in a baseball cap wearing a t-shirt that read "Don't Blame Me, I Was Left Unsupervised")
So now you know what it's like to see sights with Jim. Just don't do it in Europe with him unless you've got shoes that can withstand cobblestone.
Oh man, autocorrect! I am trying to be nice here, but if you insist on changing e-f-f-i-n' to "elfin" each and every time, I'm going to have to use the real "F" (word which is going to sully this journal.
This was an especially relaxing day..book, beach, breezes...
We listened to the pulsating beat of the live Cuban band, getting every beach goer to shimmy to "Despasito." That's a great song--why was I only exposed to it as late as last spring?
We dined al fresco on succulent chicken and beef, corn on the cob and salad, and pico de gallo and especially guac that were addictive as crystal meth.
Music..guac..it was so sweet, and then Jim delicately points out that I left some sunscreen on my face, and when I asked, "where?" he answers..
(You know damn well what he answered.)
Here's how I almost got killed today in case you're wondering:
By a group of over zealous volleyball players who hit me in the face with their balls on a few occasions..(OK..once..and..it was more of a near-miss)
By a group of pirates who blocked the entrance to our part of the resort. (Kids in pirate costumes in the mini-club but if I had to play along, so do you)
Being in the deep end of the pool by myself.
I'm in the deep end..watch as I (dive???) in..I never meet the ground..crash through the surface..where they can't hurt us..
OK..here's the only true part of this:
I was far from the shallow end. With the kids. And their pirate masks. And their balls. And it was really nice in that deep end!
We really got a lot of ocean time..it's so important. NJ beaches just aren't doing it for us these days, so we splashed, and frolicked, and burnt, and squinted, and laughed, and dodged thread-like fish, and of course we talked up a blue streak...conversations about everything and anything.
Today's topic: Name all the nominees in the Best Picture and the acting categories at this year's Academy Awards.
I could do this in my sleep, and Jim was pretty good, (considering he couldn't bring a device into the water) but he couldn't for the life of him remember that Richard E. Grant was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in "Will You Ever Forgive Me?" so I give this hint: "He has the same last name as a President"
That was like three hours ago..I'm surprised we ever made it out of the water.
I was confused earlier..tonight is the steak house and a show by the pool..tomorrow night it the sit down authentic Mexican meal.
I just want to be pampered and waited on by someone other than Jim.
I'm wondering how he'll do my hair tonight..
No comments:
Post a Comment