Sat in the Cancun airport, staring at the same perfume store for almost four hours.
Sat on the plane behind a screaming child who kept wanting to show me his stuffed duck, and got upset when I wasn't fawning all over it, for another four hours and change.
Ate a dinner of that potato-chip flavored salt and three cookies.
Arrived at Newark Airport at 12:20 AM...after leaving the resort at 4:00 PM the day before.
Spent fifty-five minutes in line, going through customs just to inform them that no, I had no food to declare.
(Since all I ate was a half a bag of that potato chip-flavored salt)
Left the airport at 1:30 AM, where our sweet and patient limo driver picked us up in a mini bus.
Was it worth it? Getting home at 2:10 AM?
Nope!!
Oh come on..of COURSE it was. Everything about that trip was WORTH it..
The bus driver was telling us about the hours he puts in, the multiple jobs he must take on just so he can take his wife to Cape May for a few days. He's never left the country but he loves hearing about the adventures of others.
I am SO BLESSED
And so TIRED
I haven't even spoken with Evan yet. Every square inch of my kitchen table is covered with mail I have to sort and newspapers i have to read(for the Cryptograms)
There looks like eight messages on the business phone, even 'though I left a message that I'd be out of town.
I haven't even unloaded the carry on or cleaned out my hand bag, yet alone start the laundry or unpack the suitcase.
The DVR is going to collapse under its own weight..I'll never catch up.
The point is, I'm up kind up early considering I didn't hit the sheets until 2:30, so what's the first thing I do, besides typing this?
If you guessed "sewed up all the new holes in the comforter that Luke humped and made last night after being shut out from the master bedroom all week" you'd be right.
Trust me, I KNOW I have better things to do than mend the mistakes of a malicious mutt.
AT least I'm not obsessing about the Slinky on my forehead..
OK..I AM
No comments:
Post a Comment