Saturday, April 6, 2019

The Cancun connection

Woke up today to feel the A/C is still on, the view is still magnificent, the need for an immediate hair transplant when we deplane in Newark tonight  is still occupying my every  neurotic thought, the sun is still shining, "Titanium" is still making me want to raise my arms and dance the good  dance, and..

...and life is good. 

 It's better than good.

I am grateful that we can swing these getaways, of course I am, but it goes beyond the gorgeous settings and the gourmet dining. 

Frolicking..laughing..unplugging..talking about things we rarely talk about..it's so restorative.

 It makes me feel so blessed that we found each other nearly three decades ago at an adult summer camp that gave me my first taste of what a Club Med vacation could be, even 'though it was just a weekend in Connecticut.

The shy nerdy engineer and the unapologetically chubbette crazy  loud-mouthed feminist have been cooking for almost thirty years now, so I guess it's time we conclude this is  indeed a good lid for this pot.

Even 'though I can't use my chest as a decanter these days, and Jim's hairdresser skills couldn't save the day(or the week) in the long run, this was the perfect reconnect.

And yes, we'll return to all the normalcy and drudgery of every day life, he'll probably still be telling me that the smudge on my face is "on my face" when I ask for specifics, but we've made memories this trip that'll last a lifetime.

Jim still prefers the educational adventure--touring abbeys and cobblestone streets in Europe and getting photo ops at historic sites.  I can see why he likes them..he's always been a fan of Greek and Roman mythology and exposing himself to different culture.

But this..this is my kind of adventure.  My kind of vacation.

Maybe it's partly due to the fact that I could only vicariously experience Club Med in my twenties through friends who could afford to go here, but their Club Med was all about debauchery, so scratch that.

I've just been in love with this whole idea since our first trip in 1991--it's an all-inclusive with a twist. 

Sure, you may not be touring the Coliseum, but there's a good chance you'll be seated with an Italian family who want to share their life stories with you.

And it isn't even so much about exposure to varied language and culture, this place stands on its own with unparalleled evening entertainment, mouth-watering meal options, and comfort and pampering.

I am beyond rejuvenated...

I'm grateful to all of you who still enjoy reading all about my experiences.  

As soon as I hit the lottery, I'm bringing all of you with me.

Especially if you know your way around a styling brush and good hair gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment