Monday, April 1, 2019

Trapeziodemy

this has been a long day and delirium has set in, but I'm having a nightcap..a blogging nightcap.  

The only real snag today was not being able to find our Club Med driver in this very crowded airport..seems like every resort here uses a company called "Amstar" and by the fourth or fifth "Are you with Amstar?" I was this close to replying, "for better or for worse..now take me to whatever resort you see fit."

And of course we both had trouble with the shower knob and had to stand under a stream that was probably forty degrees or so. 

 How we gonna master giving the shower stream an enticing scent the belongs in an ice cream shop when we can barely figure out how to work a knob?

Tonight's show was called "Carousel" and it was NOT your Mama's "June is Busting Out All Over."

I've seen trapeze stuff before..I've seen a woman pour beer with her bare teats..but these folks were hanging on with something the looked like dental floss.

The music from "The Greatest Showman" filled the outdoor(now, blissfully smoke-free!) atrium and it was pure magic, for the little kid inside us all.

And it wasn't just the trapeze artistry--my goodness!  There were human marionettes and stilt walkers and mardi gras costumes and an eerie vibe that made you think you were in a Tim Burton movie.  It was erotic but not sexual; it was something you couldn't take your eyes off of, but you WANTED to, because guys were putting their kneecaps inside of their eardrums while smiling and showing off their glistening torsos.

I have never seen anything like this, and I'm a bit of a contortionist myself, as in I contort a lot of facts.

Before dinner we were treated to a wonderful singer, with an infinity pool as the background and it's array of beautiful changing colors. 

 And friendly guys were giving us skewers of delectable shrimp and chicken.

I am beyond tired but something tells me this:

I'm gonna like it here

No comments:

Post a Comment