I told Jim it's time for a quickie, so let me write a two paragraph blog and then let the chips fall where they may.
What a lovely romantic dinner.
We walked along a stone path, under the stars, moon shining brightly, listening to piped in music the entire route. The Maitre 'D tells us we have the best seat in the house in the Bayside French restaurant. The moon's reflection lit up the ocean almost electrically, the candlelight was soft, but there was enough glow to see the very appealing menu.
I ordered french onion soup and chateau briand; Jim had chicken cordon bleu.
The atmosphere was intoxicating, the conversation stimulating, and then the reverie was..totally broken.
What dumb luck to be seated right near the bar where smoking was allowed. I was pissed, and I made a lot of passive aggressive waving motions, but to no avail.
This could have been the perfect romantic evening.
The creme brûlée salvaged it, a little
We tried to get seats for the evening entertainment, at a pavilion juxtaposed to the french restaurant, but they were all taken.
We settled into a cozy little nook with good lighting and overstuffed chairs where we could hear the music, even 'though we couldn't see the stage.
Guess what we found?
A perfectly intact boxed game of "Wheel of Fortune."
One of us k_cked _ss.
K_cked it b_g t-me.
Maybe I'm getting a little homesick??
I miss Vanna! And Pat! And Alexa!
But I'm not ready to leave shanghai-la.
Not quite yet
No comments:
Post a Comment