Saturday, March 21, 2020

Virtual scavenger hunt

Ninety minutes or so ago, I was ready to throw in the towel.

  Between my back spasms(and KNOWING I can't do anything about them in this crisis when sick folks have far worse problems) and Luke hacking like he's got a three-pack-a-day cigarette habit and NJ Governor Phil Murphy's doomsday speech, I just wanted to crawl into a hole.

Couple that with I SHOULD be at Woodloch, with the "Survivor" castaways, and maybe some Oxy for the spasms.

But..when you can't  go to Woodloch, Woodloch comes to you!!

In the form of "Woodloch-at-Home's Scavenger Hunt."

The three of us laughed a lot with this awesome distraction, running around the house, finding and photographing  items and solving puzzles..the Woodloch way!

( of course, only Evan and Jim did the actual running)

One challenge was to write a song about what is was like to be trapped inside.

I'm not sharing the video Jim took of me braless, with gray roots and an unwaxed brow and a heating pad, but I'll share my lyrics, written to "Comin' 'Round the Mountain"

"We were all supposed to take that happy drive
to see Tommy Sheehan..and friends who "Survived"
I would sing like Miley Cyrus
If it weren't for this damn VIRUS!
But i guess it has inspired us...
we're alive!!

We're all goin' crazy..'cause we're trapped inside..
Jim got lazy..Evan cursed..I, Karen, cried..!!
but this helped the time pass faster
we're surviving this disaster!
I am still the lyric master..
said with pride!

When this is over, go to Woodloch!  With your family! For a REAL Scavenger Hunt! They need your bookings..they need to stay open..forever..

Because it they could turn a catastrophe into fifty-five minutes of pure joy, they deserve a medal--like the coveted ones  that they give out for every game!

No comments:

Post a Comment