The "Seinfeld" shows that were about "nothing" were the most controversial, because they were never actually about nothing.
Stealing the set of "The Merv Griffin Show" is not nothing. A contest revolved around masturbation is not nothing out of the ordinary.
But the writers had a gimmicky premise..if a show within a show was all about the nothingness of the show, would it work? Or be a big pile of nothing?
This is a very round about way of saying this is a blog about nothing.
And yet, everything.
Because nothing especially blog-worthy happened today. Just sun, cheating at water aerobics, a good book, gentle breezes, time to think, time to laugh, time to chill, time to obsess about Super Tuesday results.
It was nothing new, but it was everything because our souls are renewed and our spirits are lifted. We are so glad to be here. There's no such thing as a rut in the Caribbean. There's no boredom, no "laundry again?" whines in my head.
We found premium beach chairs today..wonderful beach real estate, (Which I mistakenly referred to yesterday as "beach reality" which also works) and just enjoyed..sitting. Sitting. Staring. Nothingness.
We got to frolic twice today, and 'though the water had its share of seaweed and was a little cloudier than we like(I wanna see my toes, damn it!") it was still so therapeutic.
Jim is such a sport to play along with yet another dorky Karen game("we can't leave the ocean until we come up with twenty-six one word movie titles with every letter of the alphabet!") and it wasn't as difficult as you'd imagine.
It made us laugh, it made us think, it made us yell at each other when we thought the answer wasn't a legit one, but that is marriage. The camaraderie, the laughs, the mockery..every union needs a healthy dose of it.
We couldn't find any familiar faces at first..I wanted to see the Movie Game winner from Buffalo whose wife claimed he can recite every word of "Ghost Busters" along with several other movies.
I remember tag lines, and characters names, and..I better stop here, because there are certain movies I've seen over twenty times, and if I challenge myself to recall every page of dialogue, I'll probably succeed and be here all night.
We ran into Sheena and Chen during our second dip and they were just as lovely and just as much fun as the night we met them.
I love the British way of describing things. They have a chihuahua mix named Ace Booger, and he sounds as nutty as Luke, but they were in awe over Luke stories that most of you have read a dozen times before.
I loved their reactionS:
"Luke sounds cheeky, doesn't he?"
"He's awfully naughty"
"Chen, did you hear her say that he toilets four times a night?"
Oh loves, I wish I could pull off a British accent as an American, but I'd sound as fake as Madonna.
More later
No comments:
Post a Comment