Airport fun! Filling out a zillion forms, sweating off a zillion pounds, making a zillion attempts to understand a masked rep who wouldn’t understand a word you’re saying even with the mask off.
Ask me how much fun it was to take off shoes from swollen sweaty feet and then try to wedge them back on.
The only place with great air conditioning is the duty free shop that wants to make you drink and make themselves rich.
My back was spasming so badly by the time we found seats at the gate that I accepted a stranger’s offer of ibuprofen.
I’ll let you know when I start to see some wild monkeys in palm trees.
All this as Jim draws attention by wearing the shirt that says, “Karen, calm down!”
And no, these hellish last ninety or so minutes will not deter me from traveling again.
I think I’ll plan my next trip to one or two towns over from home.
Seriously, everyone hates the inconvenience and unpleasantries of airport departures.
It did not leave a sour taste in my mouth.
That description is saved for the foie gras from Jim’s birthday dinner.
Next stop: Newark!
No comments:
Post a Comment