Tuesday, December 13, 2022

A taboo subject

Hello Muddah
Hello Faddah
I just sipped a..pina colada!
T'was a little..sip of heaven
(Could've been sipped by a kid who's  only seven)

I know just what..you are thinking
How is THIS fun? How's that DRINKING??!!
Gotta trust me..it's my choosin'
I am nuts enough without that extra boozin'

Hello Mothers..hello Mamas!
This is not your.."Mom's Bahamas!"
Bitched to Jim now.."WHY do we need..
all these rough waves? All this godforsaken seaweed??!!"

He's so patient..like no other
'though I'm acting..like his(er..MY!!..MY!!) mother!
Should be happy! Should be grateful!
Yes, I know I come across a little hateful

Chorus:

Can't..go..home..it's way too early..
Read my tome..I'm kinda surly
can't I  just look at  this place and say
It beats the Jersey winter every day??

Can't leave yet..('cause I don't wanna!)
need to get..some marijuana
I know just how bitchy I must sound
(No wonder no one wants.. to hang around)

Wait a minute..it's now sunny!
Guess that makes it..worth the money??
getting better..by the hour
Now if somehow they'd just fix that effin' shower!

Soon it's lunchtime! Smell the grillin'
and the flies look..like they're chillin'
must admit it's..getting better..
Muddah, Faddah..kindly disregard this letter..

(alternative verse: Waves looked calmer..folks were sailin'
but the pool still..needs a railing
those grilled lamb chops..I discovered..
taste so weird from all the meat the flies have  covered)

OK..so I admit..things are improving a little. 

We spent the morning on a deck, just gazing at the beautiful colors of the sea, watching brave bathers get tackled by the waves.

We spent the afternoon with Pam and her hilarious crowd.  I haven't played a game of "Taboo" since my twenties, but trust me when I tell you hilarity ensued.

We played men vs. women, and Jim actually earned his team negative points in one round.

This game is much harder than you remember because of all the descriptive words you can't say.

Jim struggled to get his teammates to say "snowman"..(a player guessed "Maelstorm") and Pam's witty husband Bruce drew the first card, and tried to get his teammates to say "stiff" by talking about "when males get an erection"

These are the youngest senior citizens I ever had the pleasure to know, and the laughs were endless.

Ann is so much fun..she's from England, originally, and they use so many different words than we do.  (I was NEVER going to get "jock" from her description:  It's what we Brits call the Scottish"--I guessed "asshole")

Her husband Brian, a Kiwi, sat this one out but we'll have him gaming by the week's end. Ann and Brian are both experienced sea captains, and they know how to read a horizon, and from their expert opinion, it seems like we might..just might..have calmer waves by the end of the week. 

I'm going to hold them to that.

The third couple are Frank and Peggy, from the DC area, and they are loads of fun as well.  They found love the second time around and their story is an inspirational one.

I don't know how many times Jim answered my questions with, "what am I..a meteorologist?" or "what am I..an oceano
grapher?"  but it was probably at least a half a dozen times.

He may not be an expert on weather or tidal waves, but you know what he is?

A really wonderful husband.

He had to describe his "Taboo" word, "love", and he did it by saying "I____Karen" and yeah, I know, that could have been answered with  words like tolerate" or "survived"

It 's really is getting better except for that thing they call a shower.

Oh well, cleanliness doesn't HAVE to be next to godliness..does it??

No comments:

Post a Comment