Sunday, August 11, 2024

Don’t quit your day job..

Thank you, YESTERDAY, for being the quintessential Perfect Day.

The kind  of day you wait all summer for. 

Hey, TODAY..are  you listening??

 Do YOU understand the assignment? 

 What about YOU, TOMORROW? 

 I don't even care if you cheat and look at the crib notes taken by YESTERDAY, just do the work and make me happy.

Finally..the weather gods cooperate!

Last weekend I was microwaved in Los Angeles, this weekend I did pool exercises in sparkling, bug and rodent free water, while listening to the score from "La La Land" which means a lot more to me now than it did before I actually visited the Griffith Observatory and saw the location where Mia and Sebastian had that unforgettably magical night.

We swam, and fought about who misplaced the spray on sunscreen, but in a cute, quirky way--not in a weird way--and then had a delicious dinner at a very local Thai restaurant that we didn't even know existed. 

 My mouth is still on fire but it was worth it.

We took a short ride to the movie theater, singing, or attempting to sing, songs by Smokey Robinson. We're going to his concert in a few months with my wonderful cousins, Ava and Michal, and I realize how much that group meant to me. (Both the Motown group and my cousins)

We sang things like "Tracks of My Tears" and "Tears of a Clown" and  it brought back so many memories of my youth, where I played the Miracles album non-stop.  I could hear the falsetto; smell the Pall Mall cigarettes, feel the heat of the plastic slipcovers on my thighs.

I was home..

We're warbling in unison until it came to "Oooh, Baby Baby" where Jim almost lost control of the wheel from laughing so hard.

He got his composure and said to me, "don't quit your day job."

(Whatever my day job actually IS these days)

First of all, it's a miracle I can make any sounds at all, with my voice shaped by all that second hand aforementioned Pall Mall smoke.

But yeah, my "Ooh Baby Baby" sounded a little like a cat getting electrocuted.

A hippo giving birth without an epidural.

I still can't wait for the concert 'though.

We then saw a schmaltzy romcom that I keep wanting to call "The Fault in Our Stars" because the theater was packed with the same kind of audience, those who read and loved the NY Times Best Selling book.

 This time, it was "It Ends With Us."

We both loved it..the movie had warmth and humor and hot sexy leads and some surprising twists.

I also spent part of the day, the YESTERDAY,--by getting all fired up.

I see light at the end of the tunnel and that light's name is Kamala.

And yes, YES, of COURSE I know I post too much.  

That's like telling me I eat too many chips and salsa when we're out for Mexican food..it's a given that I do and I always will..

But if you're thinking of unfriending me because of my passion, I'm asking you..not to.

I wouldn't unfriend you, because I'm a Golden Rule follower.

And you'd miss Luke updates and blogs like this if you unfriend me.

And if I could just influence ONE of you..ONE person who is still undecided..well..that would make me as happy as a perfect forecast makes me.

My political groups are my sanctuary, where I share a lot with so many like-minded folks in my community.  If I attended an actual House of Worship in an actual building, nobody would bat an eyelash..so do that here. 

 If you like me even one iota. 

 Scroll by, and I promise not to discuss opposing views in person.

I promise not to discuss anything until the election is over, but please, I value you so don't take away my voice.

I am not the Little Mermaid.

But I'm going to swim like her in an hour or so!

Looks like TODAY got the memo..it's going to be another fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment