Friday the 13th
Very demure.. very mindful..
… very KAREN to start off a vacation blog with a pop culture reference.
It could be worse..
I could have talked about eating cats and dogs in a Haitian restaurant tonight but that would be a lie and if I liked liars, I would have voted for one.
I am in a beautiful hotel in Miami, sated on Portuguese food, waiting to board the world’s largest ship tomorrow to belatedly celebrate our thirty fifth anniversary.
And I’m glad to be away from New Jersey, a state of highway exits and Tony Soprano imitators and nonstop droning about …drones.
Jim is droning too, on a constant loop that either starts with, “ in thirteen hours from now, we’ll be..” or “ what’s with this weather!!??”
We are the inspiration for those commercials that tell you how they can’t stop you from turning into your parents.
This ship better serve dinner by four o’clock.
Nothing too blog worthy has happened yet, except my suitcase was three pounds overweight, and Jim sat on the cold airport floor trying to use his engineering mind to figure out how to redistribute a hundred unnecessary shampoo bottles into his overstuffed suitcase.
A line formed behind him of people patiently waiting to get their bags weighed. They were so friendly and patient as they waited for us to repack shoes I’m never going to wear.
So patient..
We’re going to set sail tomorrow on Royal Caribbean’s newest ship, The Icon of the Seas.
I keep calling it “ Ion of the Seas”.. ion as in “ charged particle “ but I have no idea why I’m doing that.
Its size is terrifying.
I’m up for the challenge.
I will try to be more interesting next time.
I’m actually putting myself to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment