Thursday, December 19, 2024

This sucks!

Thursday

If you’re on this ship and walked near us and heard Jim say, “ are you sure I can’t give you something to suck on?”  You can remove your filthy mind from the gutter at once because there’s an explanation.

He was talking about a cough drop.

Because as luck would have it, and thankfully not for just the  two days before we leave, I fell victim to the Petri dish known as ocean cruising with seven thousand strangers, most of them sickly.

I am mad and want to punch the lights out of the person who is responsible for making me sound like I swallowed a referee’s whistle, but if I make a sound, I’ll be quarantined, and that’s worse than being mad.

The bright side is that I will lose weight on this cruise, where I expected to gain the  “ Baked Alaska “ eight like everyone else.

I have no appetite and no desire to go anything but sleep. I fell asleep during a very loud and very bright show, but Jim said I wouldn’t have been able to follow the plot anyway.

So I’m pissed.. about this wheezing and what’s been happening in the news that I’ve been ignoring because.. I AM ON VACATION!!

I hope Elon gets whatever this is. Let him cough up some lung for all I care.

I’m not willing to ruin Jim’s fun, so we did go to a  challenging movie game where we had to identify clips and quotes, and came pretty close to winning a keychain we don’t want or need.

And there’s no way I’m missing this ship’s private island beach day tomorrow. The sun is a natural decongestant, or  so I’ve convinced myself, and I’ve been waiting three years for the perfect beach day and dammit.. I’m getting my day in the sun , even if it comes with a side of typhoid.

Time for me and my little swan pillow to get more rest..

I love these towel artists. they are so creative. 

So are the food artists on this ship. 

Last night, we had a very late reservation for a hibachi dinner.. the only time we could get.. but did we really have to see the chef show off his skills at turning a whole cooking surface of hot fried egg into a slithering anaconda?

He meant well.

I’ll get some rest and be my sweet old self just in time to write tomorrow’s penultimate blog.

But I wouldn’t bet the farm if I were you that I’m going to be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment