Friday, October 13, 2017
Benny Hilling it..
those Brits, they really do speak a different language, don't they? I know they took the same basic English courses that we did, didn't they? And they know what a declarative statement is, don't they? But even a simple statement becomes a question, doesn't it? It's cute, in a way, isn't it, but I wonder, when they exchange wedding vows, do they say"Yes, I take this man to be my lawfully wedded husband, don't I?" Well, this cruise is slightly different, isn't it? (OK, I'll stop, won't I?) but the only annoyance has been walking through the smoked filled casino to get to the dining hall. Our tablemates are nice--a couple from England and another living in the UK but they're Indian born and bred. And no, I can't understand a word anyone says, because I only understand Midwestern Mumble, and very little at that. Oh, and you'll be happy to know, Melinda O'Toole and Gloria Gammage, my friends from the last cruise, that "Hello Chlo" is back as the cruise director. And she's still so flipping funny, isn't she? We saw a hilarious comic named Mark McClean who wasn't that great when he worked the adults only room, but was terrific at the family show where he could be McClean.. He pulled five men on stage and guessed the color and make of their tidy white-ies. That's all you need to know, but some of these guys were big men, and I'm betting that all those whites weren't really whites. The comic threw his voice and made one guy into a cowboy and the other into a horny cougar Mom. Let's just hope that was ventriloquism. We then went to play TV trivia(theme songs) and our team was named "Gotta Call Beth" and please, if you get that reference, you are obviously a close contact and if you don't, then go away on vacation with me. The guy played eight American songs and eight British ones, and the Americans guessed "Benny Hill" for all their answers, and they guessed "The Brady Bunch" for all of ours. There must be an easier to way to win a keychain.Tomorrow..France! Blogging available upon request
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment