Monday, October 16, 2017
The fab eight
A blog without hypochondria(chest congestion) is a blog written by someone other than me, so you're in the wrong place. Ask for directions. We are en route to Norway, and we've got plenty of great things planned for this Day at Sea--celebrity trivia, ice Capades show, hot tubs. I will probably sleep through all of them. And oh wow, did we ever luck out and get the BEST TABLE ev-ah! I The vegan/vegetarian came back and I love them madly! The woman is Rema, and her adorable husband has a name I can't even attempt to spell(because I couldn't hear what he said the first night but I'll find out)and they are so funny! Everyone is! Four Brits, Four Yanks, fun's afoot! I have been Pit Bull Karen, Tofu Karen, Pretentious Cinemophile Karen, Kvetchy Karen, (I really AM Sybil with all these personalities, aren't I) and last night Trish called me "hilarious Karen " and when someone with an ADORABLE British accent calls you hilarious, it's more gratifying than being named one of People Magazine's Most Beautiful Women. (that's next) Ah..let's add Delusional Karen to the list. I think Trish will bring my blog readers up to nine(if I give her the link) and then her husband Alan will make it ten. Lynn and I go head to head and bring out the funny in each other..she sets me up for one liners (for example, she told Trish and Rema how lovely they looked and she loved being surrounded by so much orange, and I respond, "I thought we weren't talking about Trump tonight!" or, when she told me she has a friend who runs a snail farm, I quip "Business must be slow." But then, she comes back with good retorts too, like when I admitted to having a blog, she says: "Just because I'm a RETIRED English teacher doesn't mean I don't know how to use a red pencil." So I'm kind of scared of her. Her husband NORM!! is clever too. He told us not to say the words "fanny pack" in the UK because it means a"female body part" but I can't figure out which. Rema is a highly educated feminist who talked about her early life in New Delhi and the patriarchal culture there, and I told her I was expected to wash dishes because I am female. Seriously, she said she "hates" small talk, (as do I) and she loves when we talked about misogynistic societies and religiosity and stuff. Conversation was both stimulating and enlightening(and at times, hilarious) so I can't wait to see the gang again, only this time they'll be all dolled up. Hopefully in something other than orange so we can avoid Trump talk. We were entertained by an amazingly talented Brit named Brett in the auditorium after dinner in a salute to the 70's show. He did a little Elton, the Fab Four, Neil Sedaka, Billy Joel, ABBA, Christopher Cross..now that I think about it, Brett the Brit has a touch of Sybil too if he could be that many different personalities at once. More later for the six of you who will still be reading this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment