When favorite Glenn Close lost to Olivia Colman in "The Favourite" it was a shock.
When Faye Dunaway named "La La Land" Best Picture instead of rightful winner "Moonlight" it was a bigger shock.
Tonight's telecast was a 10 on the Richter scale!
I thought something was fishy when Best Picture was named before the acting awards.
I miss Jimmy Kimmel, and production numbers, and an "In Memoriam" segment where the names could actually be read, because producers weren't acting like the photo display was a segment on "The Amazing Race."
I miss funny, political monologues and bad hairstyles and clips from nominated films that actually made you want to see the movie.
I miss how one movie dominated so much that you couldn't wait to see the film in the theater, because now..? Well..you can wait...
You have no choice.
And I'm stealing this observation from college BFF Jim , but it seemed like scholarships were given out at a high school ceremony instead of gold statuettes in a telecast worthy of those lavish parties of yesteryear.
But OMG..Is it possible that I miss... predictability???
I wanted Carey Mulligan, I did, but I can't say Frances McDormand was not deserving. She deserved all three of her Oscars, even in that schmatah she wore tonight.
And I'm not disappointed in Sir Anthony. I would have given it to him...
And isn't last year's Actor supposed to present to Actress and vice versa?
Will Academy members live with the guilt that the "sure-bet" Boseman isn't going to make another movie??
I am SHOCKED!!
No comments:
Post a Comment