If I don't learn to be patient, to wait one more week until I'm good to go( vax-wise) to contact my hairdresser, I'm afraid I will go all Britney and shave my head.
I woke up this morning looking exactly like Roseanne Roseanna-Danna..or Alfalfa--or Cameron Diaz in THAT scene from "There's Something About Mary."
Man, I wish I paid attention is science class..I would LOVE to understand the physics behind this.
How does hair defy gravity this defiantly???
(And no, I'm not sending photos..it's bad enough I have to look at this..innocent FB friends should not have to see something they can't unsee)
So glad the days of high humidity are coming soon...
It has been almost a year since my moniker was maligned in a meme, which is why my opening paragraphs today have Karen written all over them.
Speaking of names..
I was looking at my recently-cleaned up FB friends list. I only eliminated duplicates or people that never post. I kept deceased friends, and friends with insanely different politics than those of my own.
I've been unfriended by at least a dozen people and have no idea why. Maybe they heard me ask for the manager once too often.
Facebook divided my friends' list into two columns, and it really amused me to read which name was next to which name. At first, because I have way too much time on my hands, I decided to make it into a game, like "which of these two do I like more?" but the "random" (??) sorting would pit my favorite cousin against my favorite camp friend; a stranger I never met vs. a person I haven't seen in fifty years.
It got old very quickly..as quickly as FB posts where I am pre-occupied with my unmanageable 'do do.
I then tried to amuse myself by counting the most popular names on my friends list.
I have thirteen Debbies!
(Lucky me!)
That's including all the Debs, Debbies, Debbys, Debras, Deborahs, and DEBacles.
I also have lucky thirteen Susans, but that's cheating a little, because I've included a Sue, a Sue Ellen, a Susie, and a Suzette.
Next come a nest of Robins(and Robyns) and a slew of Cindys and Cynthias.
Suffice to say I know a lot of Baby Boomers.
Karen isn't the only name to be on every pregnant Mom's possibility list in the 1950's, but it's the one that's paid the greatest dues.
Just curious..does anyone have an abundance of any one particular name on their FB friends' list(s)?
I'd be interested in feedback from Gen-xers and millenials--tell me Jennifer, Emily, and Haydn(I don't have any friends named Haydn, but I'm sure someone reading this does) what's the most popular girl's name on your list?
I didn't even bother compiling boys names..they're all Michaels.
Every single one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment