Sunday, April 25, 2021

Watching paint dry..

Lots of buzz in the Oscar hive today--both on line and on TV. 

Some people aren't shy about movies they consider to be snooze-fests.

 (I don't agree with a lot  of the talk..I liked "Nomadland" and "Minari" and even  parts of  "Mank" but not as much as the other two)

And I actually understand why some people think these films are slow-paced.

But those giving opinions seem to overuse the phrase "I'd rather watch paint dry" and it's a cliche I've always had issues with.

I LIKE watching paint dry!

It's exciting!

There's so much anticipation between coats!

"Oh..is the red dry?  Now can I add the purple?  Can I work some magic with a graphite pencil now that the paint is no longer wet?"

And it's not just at Pinot's Palette..I can't wait to hang a picture back up on a newly painted wall.

(Or get Jim to do it..I'm a total spazz with a hammer)

"Paint drying" to me signifies a fresh start: a new beginning.

There's got to be a better way to describe torturous boredom.

Maybe..like when a  loved one  talks about a medical procedure ad nauseum?

I'm changing my mind hourly as to what name will be called for Best Actress tonight, because every expert  making predictions is doing the same.

I certainly would like to hear Carey Mulligan's name called--hers was my favorite of the five OUTSTANDING performances and her movie was my favorite of the year, but only about one -third of odds makers are giving her the win.

We'll know soon enough..The real show doesn't star for another five hours, so I have to find something to do in the meantime. 

A nap?

A Scrabble game??

I know..maybe I'll paint something and watch it dry

No comments:

Post a Comment