Even as a daily follower of "Golden Derby" it is impossible to predict who will get nominated for the coveted gold in this very crowded acting field.
I saw a slew of films recently with lead actresses that will get the nomination(including Lady Gaga for "House of Gucci" which I saw earlier this week) and possibly newcomer Rachel Zegler for "West Side Story", but I think the award is Nicole Kidman's to lose, who was absolutely perfect in her portrayal of Lucille Ball.
I streamed something tonight that will most likely be Kidman's toughest competition, and that would be Kristen Stewart as Princess Diana in "Spencer."
I don't watch "The Crown" and I've never been a royal watcher..I just don't buy that someone is born superior to anyone else.
If I met Queen Elizabeth, I'd botch the curtsy, toot a little, call her Liz, and drop an f-bomb..without an ounce of shame or regret.
But I really liked "Spencer"..it made me wonder why girls born in the 50's (like yours truly) aspired to grow up as "princesses"--the reality of that lifestyle is absolutely nothing to desire. It's a nightmare--not a fairy tale--come true.
Kristen Stewart will be nominated--deservedly so--but I don't think it's quite her year to get the tiara.
That will go to the queen of comedy, brought to life by the incredible Mrs. Keith Urban.
(I still wonder, though, what was going through Nicole's head when she named her daughter "Faith", knowing what her initials would be)
No comments:
Post a Comment