This pandemic has made us miss so much, we all really have to "make up" for a lot of time.
We have to" "make up" for all those lost hours when movie theaters were closed.
I know, I'm sounding a bit "cheeky" here, and if anyone points out that I'm laying on these "layers" a little thick, well, I may just "blush."
But I can't just "gloss" over these one-"liners," I can't.
Not while I'm on such a "streak."
Okay, give me some "lip"..I can take it.
I can take all the "teasing"
Since I'm being subtle as a sledgehammer, I'll put you out of your collective miseries and confirm that yes, yes we DID see "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" tonight, and it was terrific.
I think I want to see the first tie for Best Actress since 1968, when Barbra Streisand and Katharine Hepburn split the award, because
Jessica Chastain was as authentic as Tammy Faye as Nicole Kidman was as Lucy.
I hope this does well at the box office..it really deserves an audience as big as the one the PTL Show got every night.
I'm sending the producers my thoughts and prayers that the movie is a smash.
Someday, when someone tells me they're sending ME their "thoughts and prayers" I'm going to ask them to be very specific and describe those "thoughts" in detail.
(The prayers don't need as much explanation)
Andrew Garfield brought an unscrupulous Jim Bakker to life, but I think the Oscar love will go for his portrayal of a good guy, "Rent" creator Jonathan Larson.
Bring some kleenex to the theater if you take my recommendation to see the movie.
You may or may not weep a little, but you will definitely be tempted to wipe up some of that goop.
It would be sinful to miss this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment