Monday, August 22, 2022

Norwegian laundry

There is something on today's schedule, a Day at Sea, called "Tingling" and I'm getting  a front row seat and..never mind.

I read the fine print.

 It's a lecture on acupuncture. 

 I don't trust conventional medical  science, so I'm going to have my guard up with what could arguably be called quackery.

It's been a fun morning and we haven't even left the room.

Says Jim:  "Don't get mad at me if your panties wind up at the bottom of the ocean" as he begrudgingly took all the hand washed items, including his own swim trunks, off of the clothesline in the shower and put them on the balcony to either dry or swim with the fishes...

"I am not a laundress" he continued.

(But between you and me, he is, especially since Covid has him working from home)

We have only slept in a bed other than our own for four nights and have made enough laundry to break the bag, the one that is supposed to hold a complimentary first load, but why is it made from flimsy paper? 

 Mine needs to be made out of kevlar.

Still basking in the memory of the Wheel of Fortune game and how it was run by clever sadists.

On the form, it said it was a "combination of Wheel and Hangman" which should have raised  eyebrows, since WOF ...IS essentially Hangman.

I'm wondering if we would have attended, had the event been more accurately described as, "if you can't solve the puzzle on your first try, be prepared for a rousing round of naked hula hoop with Donald Trump

Audrey was AU-some, but what's next?

Real-life "Jeopardy!" where if you don't respond in the form of a question, you have to scale a slippery Alaskan mountain in flip flops as punishment?

"Let's Make a Deal", when instead of getting a car, (and you'd get a car and you'd get a car and you'd get a car) you pick the wrong curtain and get a fat-fingered blogger with a fat-shaming laptop, armed and ready to face her geeky husband?

Seriously..would they make Vanna White give a stranger a foot message, or breakdance across a crowded atrium, or tell the biggest Springsteen fanatic in the universe that it's a name not recognized, even 'though he makes his LIVING as a cruise line DJ?..or sniff a stranger's arm pit?"

(Actually, I heard that all of the above is how Vanna got her job in the first place)

It would be nice if there was enough space in this cabin to pass gas..but then again..would it??

No comments:

Post a Comment