Mourning.
That’s not a typo, but the way we should all be awakening today, hoping that the Powers That Be wake up as well, as I want everyone reading this to take a moment of silence to honor all those angels we lost so tragically and so preventably in Connecticut eleven years ago.
Thank you for that moment and let’s start the blog.
It was the best of signs.
We saw clear skies, and staffers encircling the pool doing the “Crazy Signs”that this resort is known for, which is similar moves made by John Travolta and Uma Thurman when Vincent and Mia had their memorable dance off.
It was the worst of signs.
If I have to see one more of those hard, yellow plastic sandwich board signs cautioning me how slippery it is when wet ,I’m going to have a cow.
(Although maybe not. The beef served here could crack titanium. Last night’s stew was savory and soft and delectable ,but served with prunes that made me think of Charlie Brown trick or treating, as I kept getting rocks. In prunes, which makes sense, but what kind of sadists lived in his neighborhood anyway? If it happened once I’d chalk it up to an oversight.. but.. come on)
The rain is getting old, even after the postcard perfect day yesterday. It drizzled last night during the fabulous synchronized swim show. These people dove into water that was probably sixty degrees.. or less.. at night, perfectly recreating what happened after Patrick Swayze reminded us that nobody puts Baby in the corner. They danced and cartwheeled and leapt into the deep end, perfectly choreographed, while I inched my way across the atrium like a snail would move on an icy city sidewalk.
The swim show was followed by a salute to “Star Wars” in the indoor disco, and Darth Vader showed off some impressive high stepping’ to “Titanium”
I still mix up the themes from “Star Wars” with “Superman” but we held our own in “ coffee games” yesterday, with a movie music theme. The staffer who runs it is a tad sadistic as he deliberately slows down the song to something unrecognizable. How else would I have missed the music playing over the dialogue when Kate Winslet gives her name as “ Rose Dawson” to the officer collecting names of survivors?
We are so missing machinery from home.
I want to do laundry!” Jim cried. “ I am so sick of wet socks!”
“And I miss that bidet! I felt less confined when I was in an MRI machine than I do in that enclosed toilet room!”
It’s a beautiful morning and we’re about to take full advantage of it.
Hopefully, the only thing that’ll sting us today is snarky barbs we zing at each another.
And I just used the word “zing!”
What’s better than that?
No comments:
Post a Comment