Wednesday, December 13, 2023

To bee or not to bee gee..

To Bee or not to Bee Gee…

Jim’s paranoid prediction of a complete washout has only partially come true: mine of one of us being attacked by a sea creature came true this morning, except it wasn’t a shark in the ocean.

There were three living creatures taking advantage of the sunny moments in the pool today.

They were me, Jim, and..a bee.

We were deep into a fascinating conversation about good versus bad fat (in steak) when Jim lets out a blood curdling scream: “the mother f&cker just stung me!”

Even ‘though I desperately wanted to continue our conversation about meat marbling, I swam over to the lifeguard for assistance.

“Help!” I scream out. “He(I point) just got stung by a bee! Do you have any Neosporin?”

The lifeguard looks at me and says, “sorry.. I do not speak English” and then I start wildly gesturing to my arm, making incredibly loud buzzing sounds which I think he interpreted as I wanted  an electric razor to buzz off those fines hairs that you can only see on a nice sunny day like today.

A staffer comes by with a better grasp of the English language and  a mop.

That’s right. 

Now we see a mop, to clean up a few grains of sand that beach goers tracked in, but when the path to the Mexican restaurant flooded worse than hurricane Katrina last night, there was no mop to be found.

“Excuse me,” I say to Mop Man, “ do you have any Neosporin? My husband just got stung by a bee”

“No” he answers. I have something better”

What’s that?” I ask

“Tequila!” He shouts, and soon comes out with two margaritas, one placed by the edge of the pool where I was doing my pool exercises, and one by Jim’s lounge chair.

The ice from the drink soothed the swelling, the alcoholic content of both tumblers were even more effective because as I write this, he’s participating in aqua gym, dancing his happy little head off to “Night Fever” by The Bee Gees.

See what I did there?? 

The Bee!

(Gees)

The skies are blue and my mood is not.

Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment