Thank you, Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham!!
Your thoughts and prayers worked!
I know that you guys know we’ve been obsessed with the hourly forecast since arrival day, and that you were the ones responsible for what the Club Med gods provided today.. abundant sunshine and the quintessential experience.
Thanks guys.
I owe you one.
That bee sting was a blessing.
Jim was very eager to participate in Aqua “Jim” because of it, and the it was run by a woman who loved disco music, from the seventies, and he danced under the bluest skies dotted with a couple of puffy white clouds and he.. and we both.. were the happiest we’ve been since we got here.
We watched the tanned and toned staffers line the pool with their gyrating bodies and their boundless energy, dancing to Sia’s “Titanium” and Gala Rizzatto’s “Freed From Desire” while streams of purple and blue smoke filtrated this outdoor disco and I thought, “ now this is something you’d don’t get if your idea of vacation is touring the Vatican.”
The ocean called and we answered, ignoring the red flags.
(The literal ones.. we ventured in where the yellow flags were planted, encouraging us to be cautious.)
And we were, cautious, but after a few minutes we felt like wet rags drying off in the tumble cycle, so we scouted out a perfect spot by the pool, where I drifted off to a wonderful hard earned nap and Jim read more of his terrific book, “Lessons in Chemistry.”
I thought I dreamt that a little girl threw a volleyball at me and asked if I was sleeping, and Jim answered, “she’s sleeping beauty!”
But I don’t know if there was a comma after the second word, which meant he was referring to the kid with the volleyball, or if it was a sarcastic reference to me.
He told me that conversation actually took place, so next time I “dream” that I heard someone say I won the Powerball Jackpot, I’m bringing all of you with me to an all inclusive resort.
Off to “Elegant Night”, tonight’s dress code and theme, and another entertaining show around the pool.
Ignore me from now on when I bitch about my first world problems.
Like the wobbling bird I befriended in the rain yesterday at the pool, I don’t have a leg to stand on.
No comments:
Post a Comment