Thursday, January 28, 2016

"But my boobs are on the floor" 1/28/2016

I am sixty and one day, and I swear, I don't feel a day older than sixty and two days. Still feelin' the vacation high(because sunburn, fatigue, and intestinal disorders haven't set in yet) and the birthday euphoria. You know, sometimes "it" isn't about the "it" but that which transcends "it." Let me try to explain and sound less Zen because I'm not exactly sure what Zen is. My "it" was a birthday cake made with kiwis and almond paste, with icing that resembled a large rubber coaster. (Remember the birthday cake we had for your 9th birthday in Turks and Caicos, Marissa Levson? You and Evan called it a "Band-aid Cake" because the icing could be ripped off with one try?) Last night's cake was like that, because Jim made such an effort to surprise me with french people who think "surprise" translates to "disclose." It was a fantastic cake because of the IDEA of IT.  It would never compete with a Carvel Fudgie the Whale cake, but it gave me INSPIRATION. It helped me get through a language barrier with Victoria.  Those of you who have ever heard me sing in real life know my rendition of "Let it Go!" sounded nothing like Adele Dazeem's Oscar winner from "Frozen" but Victoria clapped her hands and squealed with delight which made it the best cake experience of my life, even 'though the cake itself kinda sucked.  Am I making sense? I wake up today wondering if my street has been plowed. I wonder the same thing about my readers, even 'those in sunny Florida.  (Only a yenta like me would have the nerve to ask someone if they've been plowed) Oh, and speaking of Florida, I loved all the entries for the Karen Birthday Challenge, but the winner with the best meter, lyric accuracy, and presentation that would make Leisl herself jealous would be my cousin Arlene.  (To refresh:  "I am Sixty/How'd THAT Happen??/So glad I'm Immature/Things are quite Nice/I'm in Paradise/..and Arlene Gorewitz Boumel adds this little gem: "But my boobs are on the floor!" So sad, so true, so Leisl. Yes, you may showcase it next time you host the Broward County Folk Festival at your home. I think I may bypass the pool today, even 'though it's non-smoking, because you can only enter it via an unforgiving ladder. I missed a rung yesterday, bruising my ego more than my thigh.  This means more beach time for me. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment