Sunday, January 31, 2016
Worked tomatoes will soon be in the past - 1/31/2016
Our last full day..And we're going to maximize it by spending the entire day baking in the sun and brushing up on our french. and worrying about how we're going to get up at 5:00 AM tomorrow morning. (Really Jim, I don't have to know how to say "that strawberry looks delicious" because I'd never eat a single one. That sounds weird..I LOVE strawberries(as far as fruit goes) but I'd never eat just one is what I meant. I already found out who won the SAGS(WTG Idris..you tell those academy racists to go straight to hell with that gorgeous face of yours!) Jim wants to walk to town, to St. Anne's. I have no interest in long walks and sweating just to haggle for something I don't need or want. (Jim, please, no more MUGS. Unless YOU starting unloading the dishwasher and find a place for one more) I guess haggle if you want, but I don't like trinkets or scarves. I suppose we need a new king sized comforter that Luke won't destroy when we get home..can you get one that'll fit in your carry on? Maybe Jim should take a sailing lesson...Maybe I'll see if I can find any celebs on the beach that aren't fictional. Maybe I'll see if they're going to be serving more Bananas of Grated Cheese. That's funny not because it's gross, (and who am I say say it's gross? It may not be just because I wouldn't eat it..seafood and fish aren't gross) It's funny because of the ridiculous preposition. Oh, I hope I run into that sociopath with the bread pudding before we leave tomorrow. If I do, I am going to have Jim translate all the ingredients of bread pudding into french(if of course, that WAS bread pudding) and then I'm going to have him translate the french version of "put your bread pudding right HERE, you crazy old bat!" I may run out of note paper before it's time to blog again, which means I'll have to rely on memory for anecdotes, and that's not going to translate well. (That's going to translate like "Worked Tomatoes") So if this is my last blog for awhile, I am curious to all those who are still reading it: (Also, I'm kind of an insecure egomaniac who wants some ego stroking) What was everyone's favorite story this week? Any favorite characters? Who should play Jam, me, and the insane Bread Pudding Lady in the movie? It's funny, we dined with Patty and Cathy last night, and Patty is not a happy camper. Or not as happy as I am because she doesn't live in denial. Cathy was too happy to complain about anything. I would be too if my son kept sending me messages from the friggin' Sundance FILM Festival!) I think all the negative crap, the crap that our wonderful Travel Agent from Cherry Travel warned us about, and yes, you locals, book your next trip with Christine Cherry Hommel, it won't cost a dime extra and she'll handle all the stress..I think all that negative stuff made this one of the best trip ever! We wouldn't be laughing this much at a place like say, Sandals, hearing a cop from Newark try to pronounce "fruits." Or maybe we would. And aside from the laughs(I think the entire premise of "I Love Lucy"..the most popular sitcom in TV history, was based on Lucy's inability to understand Ricky, so these laughs are important) Club Med Guadeloupe is STILL everything one loves about Club Med.There's still crazy signs and crazy dances and energy, just in french and with less meat dishes. It was not a mistake coming here, where the palm tress sway and the water sparkles and if you're insane like me, you might be able to convince everyone you saw a real celebrity topless. I cannot thank Jim Amster enough for the best birthday in history..and all of you who celebrated with me. Now once again, because my egomania is growling along with my stomach, what was everyone's favorite blog/story this week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment