Tuesday, September 27, 2016
If it's Tuesday.. It must be a day at sea..
If it's Tuesday This Must be Belgium. If you're under forty you Must Be Googling. If you've been paying attention to the blog about things other than my constant complaining about humidity, you know we're on a Mediterranean cruise so we're not going anywhere near Belgium, but how could I resist? What a much needed day off this will be!! Relaxing for a fun filled, activity laden day at sea. Have you been to Woodloch Pines? A cruise is like Woodloch on the sea. (I've been dying to make that inside joke for awhile) Sight seeing can be fun, don't get me wrong. I especially loved Rome, where we saw an incredibly modern city from the bus vantage point..and then the old ancient Rome on foot. For years I've been pooh poohing site seeing trips, saying(now that I'm here doing it) STUPID things like "if I wanted to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa" I could use Google. It IS very different seeing it live. The sights in Rome made me feel spiritual. The only problem with the ten day excursions is that it's hard to hear your guide. Their accents are thick and their radios don't work all that well. Plus there are so many mobs of people!! And I'm scared every second that Jim stops for a photo op that he'll lose the photo--or the group--or me. You have to be vigilant about pickpockets(again--if they want to take my hairbrush, go right ahead) but you have to memorize the clothing of everyone in your group so you can keep up. I do wonder if those people who got lost in Monte Carlo ever were found since they were on their own. I have some nice things for formal night tonight and yes Andi, you didn't stay up at night ordering from catalogues for nothing--I won't disappoint you. My formal night clothes are the only things I haven't sent out to be laundered! I'm getting off track again..I started my saying that sight seeing vacations are better than I thought they'd be, even when walking SIX MILES daily, but I still like these Woodlochian days where I can show off my pop culture mastery..and I love having just Jim on my team..there are no arguments. In fact, we only get snippy over two issues--his incredible intolerance to fatigue(and hunger) and mine to heat. We saw a terrific singer last night..her "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman" almost.(.ok Rochelle Polonsky Napoli, one last "forced" joke because it works)--her voice almost blew me out of the water. Then we had great conversation and fabulous food with Dr. Kevin and Melinda(we seemed to have lost Duncan and Hines) followed by a night of movie trivia where we were one point shy of a win. We had to identify five movie theme songs and then five movie clips(very Woodlochian) and then five movies just by their doctored posters, followed by random and repeated clips from ten different animated movies that we had to list in no particular order. Very unWoodlochian, but these last two things are something they should do in the Woodloch Goes to the Movies Game if you want to pass that on, Christina Giarrusso Bower. I can't wait to get in the pool today..and have a fantastic lunch..maybe attend a Big Band music game although truth be told all Big Band music sounds alike to me. See how much I have to say even when I have nothing to say? Is anyone still reading the blog ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment