Wednesday, September 21, 2016
The definition of "gelato"..
oh, I so owe Christine Christine Cherry Hommel (and everyone else) an explanation when I say that sight seeing trips are dull. We did the Red Line bus tour of Barcelona this afternoon and it was magical. No dusty crumbling buildings and perfume shops: just the clear blue waters of the inviting Mediterranean. and breath taking sites. The ear buds worked too, and I figured out what I missed in the AM..a guy who sounded like Mr. Belvedere narrating over what seemed to me like pornographic music.Tomorrow is a "strenuous" tour. Why do guide books have to scare me with words like "strenuous?" Might as well call it a ZIKA-Virus tour. There needs to be a 12 step program for people like me who fear the consequences of taking more than 12 steps. Let's call it Agoraphobic Zhlubs Anonymous. I could see my first meeting: "My name is Karen and I'm an agoraphobic zhlub who never wants to leave home.: Them: "Hi Karen..so are we!! Any questions?" Me: "Yeah..one..if you're all agoraphobic, why are you at this meeting?"Monday will be tough too..a ten hour tour of Rome. Jim keeps saying, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" and I answer : "I'm sure SOME of them sleep 'til noon, hang out at a gelato bar, and then spend the afternoon streaming the entire "Gilmore Girl" series or catching up with the latest from Jennifer Weiner. And he's still trying to convince me, saying things like "don't you want to see statues of important people who were once living, animated beings who contributed so much to society" and I answer: "If I wanted to see lifeless statues I'd accompany Evan and his friends to a night of chasing Pokemon." Back to gelato..I hear it translates to "You will be roughly the size of a large to medium sized barn animal by the time you disembark. You will not care"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment