We are so enjoying each other's company, realizing that there are like three and a half people here who speak English, so we're all we got. But leave it to me to find a pair of MOTS,,.septagenarians from Maryland that I had my hunches about, and then peppered my speech with yiddish to confirm, something Evan doesn't particularly like when I do it.We actually resorted to our version of the "would you rather" game, naming people who belong together and people who don't, posing: "would you rather spend 24 hours here with blank or blank?" Jim and Larry, you were a wash,,Larry would attempt things like sailing and snorkeling, but Jim would lust for every employee..and have hilarious commentary about the ordinary folks who crossed his path. I felt old when I told a staff member she looked exactly like Ali MacGraw when she was in "Love Story" and she had no idea who I meant!
had fun with pool exercises today, 'though I wish Jim had noticed that my bathing suit top slipped halfway through it. I want to say that I blended in with the topless french women at the beach, but they display grapefruit halves and I showed a banana or two. I look like The Barefoot Contessa if she had a baby with the old Rosie O'Donnell..I'm one piece of white chocolate bread away from being officially entitled to a handicapped parking sticker!
oh, and we loved the name the movie theme song game, even 'though it's a far cry from Woodloch's movie game. We were at an advantage by not being french and not smoking, but I can't believe we mistook the theme from Star Wars for the theme from Superman..Oh, and we nearly missed the song that precedes "You Are Karen" from "Out of Africa"..which was only the song we walked down the aisle to 25 years ago..the reason we're here in the first place! But we remembered our wedding video in the nick of time!
one last thing, and this one is for you, Andrea Miller Seitchik, but I found out all the fashion plates are here with the president of Loreal for a convention. 212 magnificent fashionistas from Belgium.Can't wait to see what they do for Elegant Night..or Flashy Night..or even Black and Pink Night,,almost wishing the airlines HAD lost my luggage! I am not cutting it here..but I'm having fun
No comments:
Post a Comment