As this wonderful vacation winds down, I have discovered some interesting things: You don't have to necessarily go to Europe when Europe can come to you! I was never that interested in touring museums and churches and sites I could always view on line(translation: I have no tolerance for heat and blistered feet) but I always wanted to know what culture and life was live across the pond, and now I do. Last night we dined with the wonderful Magdali from France, who got married two weeks ago but was here alone because..like everyone else here..LIVES for scuba diving.(The new hubby doesn't, apparently) Scuba should be on my bucket list, it really should, but knowing about my lack of ability to follow instructions, even ones that could save my life it's kind of on my f*ck-it list! But life underwater sounds fascinating. We also dined with Judy(spelled Guiday) from Italy, and I feel like I've been to Rome and back. I wish I knew Spanish..because the housekeeper muttered something in it when she asked me if I ever recovered my flip flops. OMG..did I actually get her in TROUBLE by filling out a Missing Shoes report? If you'd actually SEE this flip flops, you'd know the significance of that statement. Our LA friends are awesome too..we met them on Day One and they've made the trip so enjoyable, especially Kelly, who is here with her parents and ultra cool brother. (Kids are in their 40's, parents..a little older) Kelly is like Candice Bergen in the Murphy Brown years...feminine, pretty, well dressed..but thinks and acts like a dude! She is a longshoreman who is funny and athletic while still being beautiful. I think I've come to the conclusion that I dig a lot of people in this world, even my polar opposites.
No comments:
Post a Comment