Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Columbus Isle 11/12/2014: 5:09pm

I think these Europeans smoke like they do because of the free health care, but also because it'll stop me from giving this vacation that deserves a perfect ten a ten. I'd say the women smoke to avoid eating, but their dessert plates are ten times the size of mine. And they manage to balance several of them while walking in mini dresses in heels so high they might as well be stilt walking. I couldn't even manage that walk in flat fuzzy bedroom slippers..yep, those french girls can EAT!! What is their secret???

Jim cracks me up. He did a vigorous work out at the gym, he's been snorkeling daily, he does pool Olympics with me daily, and yet he wouldn't move from the beach today when it started to rain, with only his NY Yankees cap for protection..too lazy! He did appreciate the birthday cake, even 'though the wonderful GO from Haiti named Mimi told me she could only inscribe it with "Happy Birthday James" since that was the name on file. I convinced her it's a cake, not a passport, and that he only uses his nickname. I can't tell you how close that cake came to being served with the inscription "Happy Birthday Jam!" But we love Mimi..we really do!


No comments:

Post a Comment