Thursday, November 13, 2014

Columbus Isle 11/13/2014: 4:56pm

another day in Paradise, another day to amuse everyone with my idiocy. (You're still amused, right?) First of all, I fall for yet another sexy frenchman who sold me my new flip flops(I don't know what was more embarrassing..my reaction to telling him the size or him telling me the price) but I put them on, walk to the beach spot from yesterday, and there I see my ugly-assed aquamarine flip flops. How could I not remember that I walked barefoot back to the room yesterday, which is, as I mentioned previously, so far away that it might as well be in Florida? But nope..that was not my embarrassing highlight of the day. No siree Bob! That would have been when folks in the pool were inquiring about the funny smell coming from the beach, where staffers were setting up for a BBQ lunch, and I say: "It must be the PROFANE gas!" Thank goodness I said this mostly to the new arrivals from Paris yesterday, an older, heaver, Frencher crowd..the only thing I wanted to ask them was: "How do you say' remember to do your kegel exercise's for the next 30 minutes in French?" We did have fun, twisting and turning our aging bods to CeeLo Green, only it wasn't "Forget You" but the original. The "propane" lyrics work better! Jim and I are still having a blast, making new friends that we refer to by their celebrity doppelgängers. (One, named Bobbi, looks and sounds EXACTLY like Barbara Walters!) and then there's our Pete Boyle friend who cracks jokes like Ray Romano's Dad did. Glad Jim is secure enough in his masculinity to tell you about the hot dude with the ponytail last night, who drives a car fueled with old french fry grease. I'm secure enough that way too, like to discuss an Ethan Hawke fantasy from the "Before" trilogy while still acknowledging that I think Gwen Stefani has a sexy laugh. Ugh..Jim created a monster by teaching me how to journal while on vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment