Monday, April 13, 2015

Cancun 4/13/2015: We're back!

and,,,we're back! Because the emphysema was finally finding it's way out of my lungs, it's time for another Club Med trip..(maybe there will be less smokers, since this is a family friendly club, but hey, we didn't bring our kid..who is to say the smokers won't think the same way?) I anticipate meeting a lot of french people again, so I've been practicing "mon chien et Luke" ad nauseum, in case anyone cares that I have a dog named Luke...Everywhere I look it's another God or Goddess,,and they're looking at us thinking "odd" and "Oddess"...Oh, and what airline in their right minds let US on board when we can't even figure out how to weigh our(my) excess baggage? (The literal..not figurative kind) Jim pays an extra $200!!,,since refunded..because my bag was overstuffed by five pounds and for the first time in my life, I wasn't lying when I offered that the scale "must be broken"..And he's panicking, because we're running late, and he's berating me for having an overstuffed bag(yes I DO need 22 shirts!) more than he ever berated me for having an overstuffed body, which you, FB reader, have figured by now he doesn't do because he's still ALIVE! He was snippy with Shanika with the beautiful nails and made sure we weren't charged for the 106 pound bag. I'm assuming the bag's been here before and has sampled the white chocolate bread,,Ah..Jim and I, cranky in the airport after inadequate sleep, running through the terminal(actually, standing motionless on the people mover) and wolfing down airline food that cost more than the trip itself. I love my husband but if this is how we handle stress at the airport, we better rethink our plans to audition for "The Amazing Race"


No comments:

Post a Comment