Friday, April 17, 2015
Cancun 4/17/2015: Brazilian Steakhouse, a Pool Party and a visit from the "Westin-ers"..
Wow! Here are three words I bet you'd never thought you'd hear me utter: "Brazilian Steakhouse...SUCKED!" (Unless steakhouse isn't a compound word..then it's four words) The decor was nice and the sit-down service was a welcome change from trying to balance 72 plates in my arms, but even your typical Sizzler has more sizzle. I'm thinking that Thurston Howell III sold these five-star chefs his little thing-a-ma-jig that sucked the fat, joy, and life out of these delectable hunks of meat. And speaking of delectable hunks of meat, Abba Song rocked the "Showgirls" show but when he saw me, he just wished me a Good Sabbath and politely high-fived me, like I was some mini-van-driving NJ soccer Mom instead of his captive audience last night.After the show, there was an amazing pool party with lights and sprays and disco music and I kid you not, Uncle Sam, complete with his patriotic hat and his sequined blue blazer standing on the multi-tiered rickety swaying platform constructed right there in the center of the deep end and I'm thinking: "what some people won't do after snorting a line of coke" ...I worry about The Westin next door. Club Med was here first, the only hotel in Cancun, and they're used to making a lot of noise and not worrying about waking neighbors. We met a family from San Jose staying at the Westin who claimed to accidentally drift into our clearer, less rocky waters. They didn't have wristbands so they weren't going to get much further than talking to us, and the Mom claimed her kids had never been in such clear warm water before. The teenage boy was asking for details about the foam party he saw from his balcony at the Westin and last night's beach party and I asked him what his hotel offered in the way of activities and he answers"oh, I think they might have Bingo, but you have to pay to play" and his brother asks about Club Med buffets and we, you know, try to down play it but still he offers that his Mom "was planning to make fajitas in their kitchenette." And the Mom is a little defensive saying"hey, it cost me over twenty bucks to have groceries delivered" and the daughter pipes up with"and we have a coupon for twenty percent off in the restaurant!" and I tell you, my heart just ached for this perfectly lovely family. I'm going to sleep now, but the "Karenoia" will rear it's head because now I'm going to worry about who the staff at the Westin is planning to hire to "take care" of the "Club Med problem" next door. Because that is how my sick mind works
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment