Thursday, April 16, 2015

Cancun 4/16/2015: Lady Gaga, the inflatable pool and Floss ears boy..

another lazy day, another lazy update. Who's with me? Do these people know how to party or what? Today a huge inflatable pool that could fit like 100 people was set up on the beach, and as Lady Gaga music wafted through the air, the pool was quickly filled with foamy bubbles via an enormous chute.While most people frolicked in the bubbles, I needed to think of something other than the hot men withthe glistening bodies who set this up. (Why are good looking guys called glistening while the rest are just sweaty zhlubs?) So I began to think of captions for when Jim eventually posts photos, like "Karen's finally an adult by sampling all the bubbly!" or "to the ocean..white with foam!" or to paraphrase Alvy Singer from "Annie Hall".."I'm into lather." Columbus Isle definitely had sexier GO's, this place has a lot of Mexican versions of US but yet I lust just the same.Jim enjoyed his sailing for one excursion today. He wore his "Duct Tape Pro" tee and secured his glasses with my DENTAL floss , fearing the wrath of the Gulf of Mexico would knock them off and turn him into Mr. Magoo,, so even if someone considered joining him on the raft, they probably thought that Duct Tape Boy or Floss Ears Boy would topple them over as soon as he finished auditioning for "The Big Bang Theory"..

I did not have to worry about piracy with Jim wearing dental floss around his ears.  Someone may try to stop him, sure, but with one look would say, "Hey..Duct Tape..Iisten to me..You're the captain now..hell, I'm paddling back to Somalia!".

Me? I did my pool exercises and finished the terrific "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?" so I was content and beyond. So many people have suggested that I turn my trip journaling into blogging full time, but I'm not exactly hiking the Pacific coastline by myself or teaching Ugandans the trick to solving bonus puzzles on "Wheel of Fortune." This adventure is limited to leaving the five-star luxury accommodations and walking to the four star center of action.The closest I've come to blog-worthy adventuring is my Oral Introduction to Creme Rinse the other day.And just because these recaps "occasionally" amuse some FB friends doesn't make me Jennifer Weiner. It just means I paid more attention in English class than in any other, although according to Jim, not the day they taught "punctuation." Hey..I think I still feel some foam bubbles in my hair! Jim and I are both blind in the ocean, so we thought we saw a big piece of white EQUIPMENT being photographed at the end of the jetty.We squinted and realized it was a white bridal gown attached to a real bride who was posing with her real groom. Jim says: "Maybe she's the groom's EQUIPMENT" and I answer: "how can you tell they belong to a religious cult from this far away?" Gotta get ready for "Gala Night" and find something "Smart" to wear.More later if you want...



No comments:

Post a Comment