I have an axe to grind with Kevin Durant...Now into today's journaling...I am SO OVER my fear of ingesting something toxic, because that creme rinse was nothing compared to the devilish temptations at lunch. And to think I started off so well-behaved! One(okay..TWO!) pieces of roast beef in peppercorn sauce(peppercorn sauce is my crystal meth) one slice of white chocolate bread(no lie!) one piece of delicious grilled chicken, and then I took a heaping helping of what I thought were mashed potatoes but it turned out to be cauliflower which tasted better than any potato I've ever consumed. So..no harm, no foul(unless you count "fowl" as that grilled chicken breast,,bah dum dum!) but then..OMG..it was like that dessert display had a personal connection to me! It was like an amplification system blaring "c'mon Karen A,....I've only exposed you to TWO smokers all day,you swam in the calmest, bluest water you've ever been in, you were regally regaled by reggae on the beach, you're LOVING "Where Did You Go, Bernadette?" on your kindle so c'mon..give the creme rinse a run for its money! Neutralize it with chocolate pecan pie(two forkfuls but hey..it counts!) and bananas foster(a spoonful, but hey..it counts!) and about 190 meringue thingies. Reminded me of our November Club Med trip, when I had to use the only french phrase I knew besides "Mon chien et Luke" which was "an Anglasie, si vice plait" as a woman kept pointing to a similar tray and over and over again kept asking me, like I'm an expert, "Meringue? Meringue?" Unless she had some kind of crazy French version of Tourettes, if it looks, smells, and tastes like meringue, it's meringue! It's meringue, a FRENCH word that you, you clueless @)(@$())!! Mademoiselle, oughta know! (Excuse the French) All self-deprecation aside, this is the best Club Med trip EVAH and I miss Evan terribly, especially when I see all the Mini Club parades and recall the days at Punta Cana and Sandpiper, when Evan loved the activities and I obsessed over something other than swallowing creme rinse. Between Christine Cherry Hommel and Chris Bower from Woodloch, I'm beginning to think that name is lucky for me when it comes to planning heavenly vacays..Oh, and in case you were wondering, Jim laughed about my creme rinse thing, but this is the same guy who thought he punctured a vital organ because he couldn't find the tip of one tine of a plastic fork he once used. Jim has been obsessively photographing iguanas, which just proves that all men are into their lizards.As for me? Well, I was just wondering if I ever even needed that godforsaken creme rinse in the first place... Only my hairdresser knows for sure:)
Oh, and I realize I never explained the Kevin Durant thing. I know less about him than I do about basketball in general, but it took a record 48 hours to solve a cryptogram quote attributed to him
No comments:
Post a Comment