Thursday, April 16, 2015

Cancun 4/16/2015: Boiled Ham, Bee stung lips, vacation Jim and Punctuation..

We're waiting for our continental breakfast to be delivered..we're opting for a balcony with an ocean view option instead of poolside. Pickings were slim, as continental breakfasts tend to be but that's a good thing..just basically cereals, pastries, and a few assorted meats and cheeses. Jim was laughing when he saw the menu choice of "boiled ham" which triggered a hilarious memory that my FB friends from TSTC ( Molly Daly, Jay Goldberg, Carole Silvoy, Freddy Brog, and Bob Rush) will remember. I recall there was a time when an evening meeting was planned and Jeanette was trying to coordinate refreshments and food, and she said to Tony "can you bring boiled ham?" and he replies: "I don't know nothing about cooking..can't I just bring lunch meats?" Even Jim laughed at that one after I explained why that menu item was so funny. Tonight's dinner dress theme is "smart"..I wish we had matching "I'm With Stupid" tees, or that Jim packed his ratty shirt that said "yes, it IS Rocket Science!" because that would have been funny, but even I'M smart enough to know that they mean "chic" or "elegant" and not a shirt that tells you what the capital of Montana is.

how come those big, bee-stung lips look so sexy on Angelina Jolie, but on my sunburned face, look like a trip to the ER should be scheduled ASAP?

a gorgeous man just delivered my iced coffee and some corn flakes, and I'm going to look at the shimmering ocean and try to remember to never complain about anything again. Oh, Jim has his moments...it's not all unicorns and rainbows and lusting after sexy french guys at home in NJ, but there's nobody better than Vacation Jim..

Jim says my "punctuation" is: off??? a little! with these updates..I?? "don't" KNOW what he's talking about, but I appreciate his honesty?? He also opines that I have a certain style, a phrase nobody has ever uttered before..Do I really have style??



No comments:

Post a Comment