Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Rhett and Brett Butler..: 10/25/2015
The last time we were in Montego Bay was for our honeymoon, nearly twenty six years ago, and a rasta man stopped us in the airport and asked: "Some pot for you sir?" Now it's simply "some jerk chicken for your pot belly?" Actually, that didn't happen. Jim doesn't have a pot belly, but I just wanted to type the phrase "some jerk" as in "some jerk in a window seat had the nerve to want to use the airline bathroom and disturb me in the aisle" and "some jerky flight attendant was quite rude to me." This place is, to use an over used cliche, absolute paradise, with waters clear as Windex and I know what you're thinking,..."yeah right, like SHE knows what cleaning products look like!" For the record, I have calculated that a housekeeper costs the same as a nice piece of jewelry, and I'd rather have sparkling sinks and johns than sparkling earlobes. Speaking of that, I plan to not go to the bathroom all week because the gorgeous toilet is enclosed with a GLASS wall. I mean, I'm comfortable around Jim but even I have my limits. I guess it's time to defile the ocean again. We have already met our "day" butler, and his name is Stanley. (The "night" butler is Livingstone, I'll presume?) I haven't met him yet, but I'm nicknamimg Jim's "Brett Butler" because he always shows Grace Under Fire(ha,,wait'll you see my next paragraph!) and mine will be "Rhett Butler" because obviously, I'm never going to go hungry again. And for all of those annoyed by my fat jokes, well..frankly my dear, I don't give a damn and after all, tomorrow is another day:) OK..my next entry will show how my loving better half does not always show Grace Under Fire...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment