Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Doobie Sisters..: 10/28/2015

Another fifteen minutes to kill before show time, another update, another apology who have had their fill of Karen updates. This was a fun day, once the  magnificent rainbow came out.  Very cool, Mother Nature, considering the government in Jamaica has a somewhat homophobic rep. We had a great time with these hilarious women from Baltimore, six of them on a girls' week to celebrate someone's sixtieth.  (Oh, how I wish I could follow suit with my besties) These women are die-hard sports fans, not just the kind who try to follow sports to impress their sons, but the real deal who live for the Ravens. And they were so observant, noticing it was five o'clock not because of anyone's watch but because of how they'd collectively watch the kayaks come in with the natives pushing junk jewelry and hats and pot..lots of pot.  They warned us not to make eye contact and narrated in quite an entertaining way as this teeny weenie bikini chick walked to the far endr of the resort, obviously to buy some weed. Which I'm assuming she did all week because we only saw her once before, when she joined us in the hot tub, rinsed her hair under the bubbles, and then split. And then we were joined by a couple from NJ whom we met on the first day who are the exact same age as us, and here we are, in the calm blue water, in our fifties and sixties, and the Baltimore ring leader and the NJ guy were actually considering scoring some pot. And everyone shared college experiences and I'm giving Jim the evil eye that said, "don't even think about it, your mind is gone enough in your non-hazy state" but wow, I felt like I was in someone's dorm in the 70's, pretending to take a hit just so I could justify having this personality..  The Baltimore ladies then notice someone we noticed in the elevator a few days ago..a giant with a giant smile,  Turns out he played for the NFL for the Houston Texans. (Do you know the name Will Kegler, Gary R. Lassin and/or Arlene NissonLassin?) Very sweet guy..There are no iguanas here, but we have seen a lot of stray cats. Not very likely we're going to take one home, but my BFF's husband did on a diving trip to Cozumel a few years back, so you never know.  Except you should know because I'm not a cat fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment