Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Terrific TV Tuesday

This may be the hunger talking(why are there so many commercials for fast food when you're fasting?)

 ... Not that I'd want a Whopper tonight--or EVER--anyway-

...-but Terrific TV Tuesday was OUTSTANDING tonight.

 And not because my eyes were on the screen and not the half cup of cottage cheese..er.. Rocky Road.

It was EXCEPTIONAL TV tonight..the writing in "Mixed-ish" and especially "Black-ish" was unparallelled. 

 These two episodes should be required reading in college and HS sociology classes throughout the country and while I'm on the subject,  give Anthony Anderson that damn Emmy already!  He so deserves it!  

 Ditto for the never-nominated-and-that's-a-crime Jenifer Lewis.

I'm still mad at ABC for giving up too soon on "Splitting Up Together" and "The Kids Are Alright" but  in this season of forgiveness, hey ABC..no prob! 

You know your way around a Tuesday night, that's for sure.

I actually have grown quite fond of the "Green Acres" for this generation, "Bless This Mess."  It's funnier than you'd expect it to be.  Clever, smart writing like the two sitcoms that follow it. 

 And Lake Bell is a hidden treasure with a ridiculously pretentious name but some great acting chops with Dax, who I've loved since "Parenthood." 

Those are just the sitcoms.

."This is Us" had a wonderful episode tonight as well..Kate's jealousy over Toby's weight loss was so raw and so real.

 I'm just hoping that Chrissy Metz isn't wearing a fat suit, and that a big (or do I mean "smaller?") reveal will come in a few months. 

 That would NOT be raw and real..that would be unsettling for the character.

Again, I was totally rapt in the idiot box tonight--and felt like anything BUT an idiot..

Kudos to the writers!  The actors and directors too, but mainly..those  brave and ambitious writers who managed to  think outside of the (idiot) box

No comments:

Post a Comment