Wednesday, October 30, 2019

The San Tropez tan

The only concrete proof I have that I'm in Hawaii is this blog, so keep reading and bone up for the quiz.  

That, and the fact that "Tiny Bubbles" in now on a permanent loop in my head.

Or how well I've been rocking the leis.

You wouldn't know I've been here for six days because it's clear I lack that St. Tropez tan. 

Due to all the island hopping and excursions and time spent on the bus, I have had little opportunity to burn to a crisp.

Yesterday's rain was just enough to deter me from using the pool or heading out to the ocean/lake.

It's a shame too, because even 'though the water in Waikiki beach was invitingly blue, the beach itself was kinda crummy. 

 (Literally..it looked liked it was made out of the graham crackers you'd crush to make a pie shell out of)  

And the pool was so small that Shaquille  couldn't stretch out on a pool float.  

Maybe in Maui(we leave in a few hours) I'll have access to a pool and/or an ocean that satisfies me as much as the Caribbean resorts do.

There's probably a scientific explanation for the dull color--beach erosion and sun reflection and  the whatever.

I don't pay attention to science except for all things climate change.  THAT I believe.

So many of my well-meaning fellow travelers, well aware of the sciati-ka-ren  keep asking about my back, but it's the damn leg that's going to get me addicted to opioids. 

(And you KNOW I'm kidding..Oxy isn't made of salsa and chips)

Everyone who has been to Hawaii, who have photos of deep tans as proof, has told me that tomorrow's excursion, "The Road to Hana", is a "Must-Do'".  I've been ordered not to come home unless my shoes contain some grains of black sand. 

So yes, even though this tour requires a 5:00 AM wake-up call(which I'm used to by now) and it'll be a twelve hour commitment, I am game. 

The tour involves dizzying travel and some winding roads and is not recommended for anyone with back issues or for pregnant women.

I am neither, so far...

But "Karenoia" is in my blood, so I can't rule anything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment